Cypher Roleplaying Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Topic For Anyone Interested In The Resistance

5 posters

Go down

A Topic For Anyone Interested In The Resistance Empty A Topic For Anyone Interested In The Resistance

Post by Nazz Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:12 pm

Alright, so after a few requests I suppose I ought to get this page started. So basically, anyone who has questions or interests regarding the resistance should look here for a guidelines or something of the sort.

To start, I've got a few ideas for the primary resistance group on the server. That said, I don't want to see people walking around and simply asking 'Oh hey, can I join the resistance, is the resistance recruiting, etc..’ because I always immediately assume that you just want guns, or items so you can kill cops. Let me make it clear that this isn't Dark RP, the resistance cell isn't just a group of bandits going around trying to kill cops, kidnap people, and whore items, no, not at all.. that's bad.

Anyways, moving on... the resistance should not be at all like the regular hl2 resistance, as hl2 surrounded the storyline of the uprising with Gordon Freeman, which pretty much meant that the resistance used everything they could, but in most missions, they would only have pistols to start with, till you kill a few guys to get them better shit... this should not be the case, as this is not the God-Damn uprising, and the lambda being a big thing. That said, the resistance is going to be more like a rag-tag group of under-equipped idealists, not so much fighters. They ought to focus on propaganda and the use of passive aggression, instead of trying to shoot up the whole neighborhood.. ←- (that's bad)

Think of a third world country in a sense.. the government is in complete control with what they have, anyone to question them gets their own tongue for dinner and this is the same way in a sense. The rebellion cell is just like any other realistic militia, they don't have the government backing them, meaning their equipment doesn't have arrive in bulk, or really arrive at all. Everything is taken and clawed by the bruised, the battered and the beaten.. that doesn't mean go mug cops for their kevlar and stunsticks either, because that only worsens the point I'm trying to make. You live under an alien, and hostile government, so if you're going to resist then you better have damn good reason to, because you're putting your life on the line. If you've never been touched by the combine or been generally shit-treated without a good reason, then you have no reason to revolt. The union has persuaded most people that they're good, considering that they give you food, shelter, clothing, medicine, etc. You could be dead in the outlands, or you could live in the city. If you're in the city, and you follow the rules then you've pretty much got life made for you. So if that's the case, don't even bother rebelling because you're only going to be worse off. The resistance isn't some club house that gives out free food, knitted sweaters and guns. It's a bunch of people revolting with good reason. You wouldn't go to city hall and revolt against your local government just because they didn't pick up your trash one day out of the month, or if nothing at all happened. You would revolt, protest, or riot if you have damn good cause, not just because you can. The resistance is a group of people who really have no other options, or have their own personal reasons to revolt due to cause and effect, not simply because they assume, "Oh, the resistance... I can shoot cops? Let's join!" <---- No, because it takes a damn ballsy person to shoot someone. Nobody here is Gordon Freeman, or anyone of vast importance.. you're just citizens, put yourself in your characters shoes... or in a realistic situation. If two police officers were arresting you for say, breaking car windows or mirriors, throwing rocks at house windows, whatever... would you try to fight them with your bare hands, or would you let them take you into the precinct and wait for whatever punishment is to follow, interrogation, whatever it is?

Moving on... the items distributed to the resistance should be monitored by a mature member of staff who everyone knows will not abuse. So if other admins happen to be spawning weapons, or contraband items, you should report that, unless they’ve been authorized the doing. I don't want there to be a shit-load of guns, and items all around the place, creating a complete fuckfest with tons and tons of guns, shootings, etc.. Regardless of which, if you do find a gun... try to be realistic, why would you even /THINK/ about picking it up, if you're just your average citizen.. hm? You're going to play hero with an empty gun against the world, right? Think again, try to incorporate some fear rp into your character, you might get somewhere, maybe even save your own life..You'd probably be executed for carrying around a firearm, so why chance the risk? You would know this, because you would know the law ICly, you may claim self protection... but if you don't piss anybody off by being a dick-off and breaking the laws, you don't need to protect yourself. Conscripts and Civil Protection will handle other means, the only people trying to kill you will probably be them.. so do yourself a favour, don't just pick up random shit on the ground for the sole purpose of it being a takeable entity, that's bad, and people who do it should feel bad..

TL:DR (Too long, didn't read): Go read the fucking thing, I didn't write it for nothing, quit being a  lazy cunt!

I'll update this page in my free time, feel free to post me over Steam if you'd like to offer suggestions to contribute.        

Nazz
Lord and Master of the Forums
Lord and Master of the Forums

Back to top Go down

A Topic For Anyone Interested In The Resistance Empty Re: A Topic For Anyone Interested In The Resistance

Post by The Machinist Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:46 pm

Good thread to clear the situation up, thanks for writing this Nazz.
The Machinist
The Machinist

Back to top Go down

A Topic For Anyone Interested In The Resistance Empty Re: A Topic For Anyone Interested In The Resistance

Post by Not-So-Solid Snake Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:56 pm

Thank god; in all my time on the Clockwork schema, most of the Rebel groups I've seen have been "lol let's get a bunch of guns and shoot teh CA!!!!111one!!!", and this clears the situation up for any new, would-be resistance players.

Not-So-Solid Snake
Not-So-Solid Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverxbullet Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:24 pm

Nazz, I fucking love you man.... Your post literally made me cry with massive joy. Finally a resistance group that plays it realistically. It makes me feel good that I made the right choice in coming here...

Silverxbullet

Back to top Go down

Post by LICEBIT Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:24 am

so when do we get our rpgs
LICEBIT
LICEBIT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum